SUMAQ is the only five star hotel in Machu Picchu Town (formerly Aguas Calientes), located only 20 minutes from the Machu Picchu archaeological site. The fine large facilities offer a living experience, representative of the Inca culture.
Sumaq means “a great stay” for those seeking comfort, relaxation and elegance, surrounded by an attentive staff at your disposal while you also enjoy the best Peruvian food in Machu Picchu.
– Privileged Location: at only twenty minutes from one of the Wonders of the World, with breathtaking views of the mountains and the Urubamba River.
– Passion for service: our employees are the most important ingredient in making Sumaq a warm and friendly place to stay.
– Creative Gastronomy: with the help of one of the top 5 chefs in Peru, Rafael Piqueras, Sumaq promises a unique and innovative cuisine.
– Andean Design: the architecture and the hotel decorative pieces resemble the historic citadel of Machu Picchu.
– Sustainability Support: Sumaq engages employees and guests in its mission to protect the natural and social environment, with the support of Rainforest Alliance organization.